Friday, December 31, 2010

Sometimes The Late Bird Gets The Worm...

I hope all of you are enjoying the last few moments of 2010. I've had a wonderful time being unplugged this past month but with the dawn of a new year I'm excited to get back into my normal routine.

What's with the boots you ask? I saw these at Anthropologie about a month ago when I was on a shopping day with my friend Carole. I wanted them so bad but at the time I hadn't yet bought one single Christmas gift for anyone so I couldn't justify it. In true Lisa fashion I waited too long before coming to terms with the fact that I had to have them. I began searching and they are GONE. Online was sold out, and I could hear the pity in the salespersons voices when I called all of my local stores. Those Anthro girls can't bear the thought of someone going without let me tell you...one of the stores called me back with a hot lead that a birdie told them there was one pair left {and in my size} at the SoHo store. I called them up and sure enough they had them. That would have been the happing ending but they made it happier when my sales girl rang me up over the phone and they ended up being $108.00 on sale instead of $278.00. Happy New Year to me!!

Yes, I know. This was a fluffy post but I'll be back next year with some recipes I tried this month that we loved as well as a few things I've been working on. Until then, enjoy your last few hi-calorie hours of 2010!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I HAVE MIXED FEELINGS ABOUT THIS....I LOVE THE TOP PART OF THE BOOT. AND I LIKE THE FACT THE ZIPPER IS IN THE BACK. BUT I AM NOT FEELING THE FRONT DETAIL. A LITTLE TOO LIL HOUSE ON THE PRARIE FOR ME. BUT YOUR SO EXCITED ABOUT THEM I AM SURE THEY ARE GONNA LOOK FLY AND YOUR GONNA WORK IT!

XOXO Biren'S Boo