Friday, July 11, 2008

Pocket Watch Collaged Necklace Class


DSC_0002, originally uploaded by anartsygirl.

I had some time to think about what I wanted to put inside the old pocket watch I picked up at the Alameda Flea Market. I had to tamp down the urge to fill it full of stuff as is my way most of the time. I'm new to beading and it's fun and frustrating at the same time. I think the key is finding jump rings that you can open and close easily. Making the loops with the head pins is something you get the hang of at the tail end of the project! I was worried that the necklace would be too heavy to hang around your neck but it's not thankfully.

I ordered some Shiva paintstiks and they came yesterday. I'm so excited to begin working with them. They look like frosty ice cream to me.

I took my birthday, Wednesday, and Thursday and Friday off. It's been SO nice. My husband took the days off too and every morning we've shipped the kids off to their day cares/camps and done some things we don't normally get to do and caught up on some things we've been needing to do. Tonight we're taking the kids to the circus and today I'm off to have lunch at Left Bank with my friend Valerie at Santana Row. I'm looking forward to both!!

If you're local and free on Saturday come see me at MDW for the Little Black Dress Altered Book class.

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

nan said...

lisa, i love this. it is so beautiful. happy birthday too!!

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! Happy Birthday Girl!

valerie said...

Now that is "delish"!!!!!!!!