Sunday, August 15, 2010

I Love My Clothespins



I've been winding my embroidery floss around clothes pins for ages. When I was younger I would wrap each skein around the paper card and write the color number at the top. At some point I realized that I didn't care what the color number was nor did I like the way the floss came off the card. A big bag of clothespins will set you right up. If you hold the pin in one hand and give the floss a rip with the other it comes off so easily.

Before wrapping them with floss I painted and stamped them. They looked so pretty I decided to put them in an old bread pan by color.



Another small project I've been staying busy with is my little chalkboard pins. I love making these to clip onto baskets, etc. so that I know what's inside. Of course clipping one on this project was just for fun.



I have some other completed projects to share this week that I think you'll like. You might even want to try making a few yourself.

4 comments:

Cindi said...

Really cute project. I need to find a new way to store my floss. I always end up getting big knots in mine. Can't wait to see more projects.

ImagiMeri said...

Hi Lisa,

Your floss covered clothespins looks so amazing.....just like a setup out of "French General" or something. I also like your small blackboards.....very cute and helpful. Can't wait to see the other goodies you're going to show us.....hurry, hurry!

Hugs,
Meri

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Hi Lisa, your clothespins are painted so pretty. I started wrapping lace and crocheted bits on mine when I saw Jane (Mamie Jane's) doing it with her stash. Makes for a great display.

Have a wonderful week. :) Tammy

Carole said...

Super cute Lisa. I love how you painted and stamped the clothespins. What did you use to write "Floss" on the chalkboard? I haven't written on mine yet and am curious what you used. Big Hugs, Carole