Saturday, November 7, 2009

Unexpected Time to Create



I had some unexpected time to create this week, my oldest boy was home sick. When he would rest I would go to my work table and tie up loose ends. One project that almost didn't make it this year were these pretty velvet pumpkins. By the time I set out to order my kit from Olive Juice they were sold out. My friend Valerie did happen to get one so being the BFF that she is she shared with me. The pattern was just as I'd thought so I went to Britex Fabrics in SF and bought some of the most gorgeous velvet I've ever seen. The green one is my favorite, it's green/pink depending on how the light catches the little wrinkles. I suppose I can get away with enjoying them through Thanksgiving before they're packed up for next year.

Last night I was prepping some canvases for some personal projects and during the process I decided to mark the wood border on the front and stitch in the open canvas space. It's a teeny bit hard to hand stitch through canvas but I loved the effect. I'm not too far on this piece yet, or maybe I'm done...I can't decide...



Here is a closer up view...{I need something for the pocket}...



My Wendy Addison letters spelling out "Thankful" arrived this week and I had a chance to string them on to some ribbon to hang. I decorate for the holidays but in simple, small ways.



I love it when I'm at the store and lo and behold there are multiple new Somersets available...



OK I don't know how you're going to feel about him but the 80's girl in me had to have this rainbow painted turkey. I know, don't even say it... The Husb was staring at it last night when I walked by and I finally said, "What's the matter?". He looked confused and said, "Where did that come from???". I just laughed and walked off figuring my work there was done, I brought the unexpected home yet again :)










2 comments:

valerie said...

Dreamy colors for the pumpkins!

connie said...

Nice job on the velvet pumkins - loves those! And love the canvas pieces too - it's always hard to know when to stop - looks great to me. Can't believe thanksgiving is around the corner...ready to start with the big decorations!