Monday, May 3, 2010

Less Can Be So Much More



It's funny how small things can make us happy isn't it? I've been on a nice streak in finding old millinery goods lately. Such as the ones above that I found at Tangerines...

and the ones I found at the flea market...



I'm finding that as the years pass and I'm more content with what I have, finding and buying small things like this is a treat.

Even my almost 4 year old daughter Gracelyn can attest to this. Tonight she was over the moon when I brought home the tiniest pair of press-on nails for her. She's been using her hands to talk and "point things out" way more than usual. It's been hilarious to watch her act even more girly, something I didn't realize was possible. Best $2.99 I ever spent.

3 comments:

Cindi said...

Lovely!!! Did you go to the Alameda Flea Market this month? I am visiting my parents so I was not able to go. I was hoping you would be sharing some photos of your purchases so I can get my "high" that way. Haha.

kathy said...

hOW FUN -- i AM SO ENJOYING GETTING TO KNOW YOUR BLOG -- kaTHY - GA♥

Anonymous said...

2 Cute BABY GRACE, O SHE AINT A BABY NO MORE. SHE IS A LIL DIVA IN TRAINING. LUCKY FOR YOU SHE HAS 2 BIG BROTHERS TO MIND HER IN SCHOOL.

MORE DOLL BABY HEADS, HOW MANY DO YOU HAVE? THEY ARE SCARY BUT THEIR CUTE. THEY DRAW U IN SOME HOW. FREAKY.

XOXO BIREN'S BOO