Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My Latest Findings



I missed the July flea market because we were camping so I could not wait for this past Sundays show. I didn't get a ton of stuff but I love what I did get. I'm always on the look out for boxes for small storage and this old chippy box fit the bill - it's metal and the interior is dirty velvet. I threw some of the small odds and ends that I picked up inside.

When I saw these old door parts I thought they'd make great necklaces. You might not see the potential right now but give me some time...



I know that I paid way too much for this tiny metal wagon, $30 in fact. The color and the little fenders were so adorable though and I hadn't burned through all of my cash so I splurged. I can use it in my studio for 100 different things too so no worries on putting it to good use...



On the last aisle I found some pretty old Christmas ornaments...



I also found a great grain sack pillow that had to have been dyed a dark eggplant. I hadn't seen it dyed before and it's beautiful.

That's a wrap ladies!

7 comments:

connie said...

I love the items you found - the little wagon my favorite. Your photos are great shots too.

Cindi said...

Great finds. Love the metal box, ornaments and of course the wagon. So worth the $30. Can't wait to see what you do with the door parts. I have some small old door parts i bought a while back and maybe i should bring it to our ornament making class.

Anonymous said...

I especially love the little bunny in the corner of the door parts photo. Let me know if he goes up for sale. Valerie

Carole said...

So sweet of you to buy me the wagon! LOL! Let me know if you ever grow tired of it. I'll snap it up in a heartbeat! You always find the best things. See you in the AM!

mokhamad said...

beautiful blog....beautiful woman....
I like its....
goodluck...

Charlene said...

Lisa, I found out about you from Maureen & Carole (whom I met at Les Sirenes Art Event held in Manhattan Beach in July). I hear they are coming to a class with you in October & then the flea market sounds divine. Just wanted to drop by & see your blog & introduce myself. Have a great week. Charlene

Stampindamour said...

Lucky findings! :)

-pamela