Saturday, January 7, 2012

Gifts For Art Friends


I don't normally show the projects that I'm sending in to Stampington.  I realized that that attibuted to
what seemed like less of a crafty year for me in 2011.

I decided to show a few projects here and there and I'm starting with this gift for an art friend.
I found this old thread box at the flea market for $1 and even though
it was pretty rickety I thought it could
be used once anyway.
You can see that I had to reinforce a few areas with some washi tape.  I hardly notice that
when I look at the package because all I can see is that scrumptious
electric purple ribbon.

I love the way the interior box slides out.  So charming.

3 comments:

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Now why didn't I think of that?!?! What a great way to send a gift to an artsy friend, in a cigarbox!!!

Marsha

Anonymous said...

LOVE it!! Soooooo beautiful with your wonderful ribbon....
Your friend will love receiving it :)

Hope you have some of that ribbon available on Saturday? Would love a few of that color :)
Happy Sunday
Laura H

cindi said...

That is just gorgeous. Awesome box and yummy goodies inside. Love the purple ribbon. I am starting to run low on your ribbon.