Sunday, July 12, 2009

Pretties & Projects



Have you ever had a chance to visit Painted White? The lovely Alice has a wonderful blog and shop of beautiful finds. I bought this old baking tin to hold all of the small bits on my work table. The tiny paper covered spools are also from her shop.



I was at the art supply store recently to buy more watercolors and I saw these...



I'm not going to lie, I bought them because the bottles were so pretty but as it turns out the colors are really vibrant and beautiful. I've been having a lot of fun with them.

Last night I made almost 30 1x1 inch canvases and prepped a few larger ones for a couple of projects and for a gift I'm making for my cousin who sent some fabulous handmade soaps to my sisters and I.



I was able to squeeze in a trip to the flea market on the way home from our camping trip last weekend. I bought lots of tiny things and this great old lamp shade base. I have a few ideas for this, nothing definite yet. I'll post pics later of whatever it becomes.



This afternoon while I was out I saw this shopping bag. I saw it from a distance and didn't even slow down as I passed it and pulled it from it's hook on my way to the checkout...



I hope everyone is enjoying their summer so far!!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lisa, I just noticed this post! Thanks so much for mentioning me and my shop here ;) And I would have been captivated by those alluring bottles too!

Very creative stuff!