Saturday, July 31, 2010

Scraps Made Pretty



Last night I had my sewing machine out preparing for a class. I was going to be sewing some burlap and I wanted to test the tension on the machine with a rectangular{ish} scrap piece. I ran down one side and adjusted the machine and then down another side. What I had was a pocket that I didn't plan on making. I cast the scrap aside and continued with my class prep. Later as I was cleaning up I looked around for a use for my not-so-perfect pocket. That's when I spied the vase of flowers on the table. It was a bit of a tight squeeze but i pulled it up around the neck of the vase and what an adorable little slipcover it made! Figuring I'd gone that far I added a crocheted ribbon and a flea market brooch. Not sure why I never intentionally thought to do this but I love it and it was so simple!



1 comment:

ImagiMeri said...

Hi Lisa,

What an awesome idea, and sooooo cute! I just love when those kind of things happen, you fully intend to either toss it in the trash or rip it apart for scraps and instead you made something sweet and pretty. You go girl!

Hugs,
Meri