Saturday, January 15, 2011

Anxious To Start Planting

Every year at this time I start getting anxious to begin planting. See the fuzzy soft leaf in the picture above? I saw my first one ever last year in North Carolina, apparently it's called a Lambs Ear. Do we have these in CA? I'm soon to find out because I love how they look with a pretty bunch of blooms.

I also can't get enough of these vanilla strawberry hydrangeas that I saw on the Better Homes and Gardens website. I'm thinking about mail ordering some.

As I type this I'm certain my husband feels like a day of planting is looming in his future. That's because I'm fabulous at picking things out and paying for them but not so good at the planting part. Should I see a worm {in my mind, a tiny snake} I'd likely faint and fall on it. Yes, I'll leave the digging and planting to him.

I do have a winner for my give-a-way too, The Gypsy Magpie has been emailed so that I can get her Marmalade in the mail to her next week. Thanks to all who left a comment. I read each one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa
You can get Lambs Ear at Reagons Nursery....Debi gave me one as a gift!! They are sososoos soft and beautiful....
I would like too know more about the hydrangeas...:)
Laura

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Oh yes we have Lambs' Ear in Cali. I have them growing all over my cottage garden. I just love to pet them! :)

Anonymous said...

I just can't wait for spring either Lisa. I planted rose bushes for the first time last spring and can't wait to start tending to them again. Their sitting there dormant just passing the time till the cold blows by...
Hugs,
Cassie