Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My Grandmas Pinto Bean Salad


When I saw growing up my Grandma, who was from the south, used to make cornbread & beans every once in awhile.  Either she reserved some beans on the side for this salad or she made it with whatever beans were left over.  I have never had this salad anywhere else.  I've been craving it for weeks and so I finally made it and I wanted to share it with you.

Cook 1/2 bag of pinto beans per the directions.  Drain and set aside to cool.  Cut up 4/5 medium size dill pickles, 1/2 of a red onion and 6 hard boiled eggs and add to cooled pinto beans with 1/2 c of mayonaise.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  It is SOOOOOO good :)  


If you've had this salad before or you know the name of it please let me know!  Enjoy!

2 comments:

connie said...

Oh this sounds good and I am going to try this soon..

Linda said...

both of my parents were from the south and we grew up eating the bean salad-same ingredients. once in awhile i just have to have some.