Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sharing Has It's Rewards



I work with a wonderful lady named Laura. She has a boy and a girl that are just about 1 year younger than each of my younger boy and girl. I have been happy to pass along clothing that they've outgrown to their family. Last week Laura came to me and said that she had read on my blog that I loved old buttons. She went on to say that she had an old tin full of them that she would find and bring in to me. I was off for the holidays a bit early in the week and my sister who also works with me dropped a tin off to me saying, "Laura hopes you can do something with these". I was thrilled with the age, variety... I could go on and on. It was so nice of her to pass this old tin on to me, I appreciated it more than she probably realized. It just proved to me once again that when you share what you have, others respond in kind. I love the way that works.










2 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

How wonderful! The tin is equally as fabulous as the variety of buttons. There is definitely something to be said for karma. Blessings to you and yours, :) Tammy

valerie said...

I enjoyed looking through them at your workshop Saturday. I will treasure the beautiful few I sewed to my apron. Especially knowing that they came from Laura's grandmother's vintage button tin. I loved how some of them still had bits of fabric left on,little bits of long ago memories I am sure.