Sunday, April 3, 2011

What A Fruitful Weekend!

Saturday Colleen, Val and I had a button adventure to write home about! The German glass buttons with the luster above are my favorites. It's the 80's girl in me that loves a good rainbow on anything. If I would have known I was going to have that big of a selection I would have went all out and wore my I Love Andy Gibb t-shirt {and I do love him just for the record}. I also picked up some glitzy metal and rhinestone buttons...

Let me say that under no circumstances should you ever turn down Colleen Moody if she wants to hang out. She is SO fun. She and Val and I had such a good time rummaging through boxes of button cards until our hearts were content. We followed it up with a great lunch at Sideboard. I hadn't been there and I had the best beet salad of my life.

On to my flea market buys today. I bought a few more buttons {I know, but what was a few more?}. That big convext glass button is bee-u-t-full.



Warning: To die for millinery coming up...











Some odds & ends...

This old and abused tackle box is not as bright as it appears to be in the photo. It's the perfect color blue for me...

You girls that are going on the July camping retreat are getting a peek at your substrate for one of your classes...

I'm not a fan of red but I was partial to this tray for my market area at classes. Nice that things can be on top of and underneath it...

So there you have it. A fruitful weekend indeed!

8 comments:

miss lynn said...

yeah, those
vintage millinery
flowers are. to.
die. for.
gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG~~~LOve LOve the millinery and the buttons!!!!
Looks like you had a FAB weekend!
And the weather could not have been nicer!
Laura :)

GardenOfDaisies said...

The buttons are ALL beautiful!! And I really love that blue tackle box!!!

connie said...

Great finds...what a fun weekend you had with with girls! I love all the items you found. Thanks for sharing with us. Nice job on the photos too, it's not easy to take great shots.

Cindi said...

The millinery is so beautiful!!! Congratulations on a great find. We missed seeing you at the flea. We even checked out the crepe guys area and no Lisa. Well it looks like you had a fabulous weekend.

. said...

Was your husband so impressed with your "mother lode" of buttons? Mine was! ha ha Those flowers are gorgeous...kicking myself for not going. Well not really...but I am jealous of your flowers. Great find!!!

Cherie Wilson said...

Congrats Lisa on your cover with Somerset Life! I adore that your buttons are so colorful.......and yes, I'm with these gals...... I did drool a bit with the Millinery. Can't wait to see what you make of it!

Debra said...

You had a great vintage shoping day and I love all of those buttons. I have always loved vintage buttons it makes me think about when I was a little girl my grandmother kept her pretty buttons in a mason jar and I used to love looking at them and calling them my treasure. I felt like I was rich.