Thursday, October 20, 2011

Fleur De Sel Caramels


Oh.  My.  Goodness.  These caramels that I made last night are better than any I have had in 38 years.  I bought this recipe book recently because I happened to flip to the Fleur De Sel Caramel recipe and I knew I would make them.  Not think about it, MAKE them.
 


Now I must tell you, when the recipe says you'll be wisking the caramel for 40 minutes...they're not kidding.  That was the only downside to making them.  I used a candy thermometer for the first time and so it was really easy to know when it hit 246 F.  The Fleur De Sel is what makes you want to do cart wheels...the salt is the perfect compliment to the sweet caramel.


If I could share with all of you I would, they're that good.  Let me know if you make some too and how you liked them!

8 comments:

Sharyn said...

Oh my gosh, it looks exactly like the ones at the Miette candy store in San Fran. You did a good job. Now, if only I can taste them.

Cindi said...

Oh I love the Miette patisserie and confiserie. Totally my favorite. I had ordered their caramels and malt balls for my wedding and everyone loved them. Im drooling.

sharon said...

These look great, even at 7:00 am this morning I am wishing I had one now! I just might have to try it!

LBP said...

I love caramels... I will have to give them a try. Did they stick to the wax paper? I made some taffy once that wanted to stick to the paper.

Blessings

Linda

miss lynn said...

oh, i love
LOVE * LOVE
caramel so
stinking
much! way
better than
chocolate. my mouth
is seriously
salivating.
however, the
candy thermometer?
the forty minutes?
you are one
awesome woman.
i am so impressed!

Anonymous said...

Lisa
That little bakery Miette is my FAV!!! I love the macaroon cookies!
Everything is packaged too perfection! I will have too try the caramel's!
Happy Friday
Xo
Laura H

Mary @ Sea Quilts said...

A friend recently gave me some of those ... they were heavenly! I was so surprised to find out she made them. Now I'm trying to figure out if I could do it myself. Thanks for the inspiration.

Mary

Lisa Super said...

Thanks for all the great comments. I'm not going to lie...I hid some of these from the family. They'll be gone soon but I have a private stash. Is that bad?