Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pretty Studio Additions


I have been wanting a salesman size dress form for ages.  Recently I did a show and one of the vendors had my dream come true.  She wasn't interested in parting with it {can't blame her there} so my search continued, that is until last week.  I found the exact form that I wanted in New Jersey.  Unfortunately her neck was broken in shipping so my dear father in law performed some mechanical surgery on her.  She's now probably better than when she was shipped.

I'm just crazy about this Sen-Sen Gum display box from 1902.  What cute packaging!


I took some time last Sunday to hang some pretty labels on all of the baskets in my studio...


I also created some inserts for a couple of my clear storage boxes just to add some interest.  I only did this for the boxes with stuff inside that I'm happy to not see.  Check out that aDORable crown with pins in it.  It's from Kimberlee Edgar of Edgar & Edgar. 


At this past months flea market I bought all of the wooden spools that a vendor had.  I never saw any like this.  Such a simple design and they hold so much...


And life is so funny.  I originally saw this old salesmans floss box display at Colleen Moody's.  I completely fell in love with it and have looked for one from time to time but to no avail.  Recently I was thrilled to find one at a flea market and then I found another one a week later.  So...I bought them both so that if anyone I know wants one I have an extra :)


Tonight I'm making salted caramels.  Wish me luck, it's my first time using the whole candy thermometer and all.  Apparently I'll have to stir the caramel for 30 minutes...they better be fabulous!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Things that go bump in the night is not a ghost! Just Lisa Super re-arranging and tidy up the studio.... You been a busy bee lady. Playing catch up I see on bloggin. Cant wait to see your xMAS stuff. Let me see some sparkle

xoxo Birens Boo aka cPretti

connie said...

I love those wooden spools, I've not seen that shape before - very cool!

HI! I'm Tabitha said...

Hello Lisa,
If you are going to part with it please email me with the price ....thanks
tabitha

Cindi said...

I cant believe you found a dress form. You just mentioned it to us a little while back and BAM you got it. You ever stumble across another on you let me know. I love all the new additions. Such a sweet box.

Cindi said...

Oh and I had to comment on the salted caramels. If you are passing those out for halloween we will definitely be bringing my son there to trick or treat. Have fun.

Gail said...

Lisa,
I love it all! Our styles are so similiar it's downright scary (BOO!).
I even have that poudre de toilette tin that you have (not sure if I spelled that correctly or not).
Wonderful saleman's size dress form, so sweet. You're a lucky girl.......:).

Anonymous said...

Hi Mom,

You're the best!

Love Jacob

sharon said...

Love visiting your blog and seeing all the prettiness! That dress form is to die for, I am afraid I will never find one. All your treasures are lovely!

Susan Lacis said...

I stand in my office all day...I do have a bookshelf. I have some great antique baby shoes and some old sterling containers. I need to superfy my shelf! You have inspired me Mrs. Super. :) Oh and I'd love the caramel recipe. Hope to bump into you again one day.

Sharyn said...

Hi Lisa, I am so happy to see you blogging again...missed you! Luv, luv your dress form and flea market finds.

Colleen said...

Great score! Love the silkine box too....wink.