Saturday, October 31, 2009

Scalloped Potatoes with Pimento Cheese & Ham



Today after we got home from the pumpkin patch and carved our pumpkins I made one of our favorite fall dishes. It's scalloped potatoes with pimento cheese & ham.

I like to use this dandy kitchen tool {really for coring and peeling apples} to cut my potatoes into big cork screws.



Here is the {informal} recipe:

15 sliced potatoes {I use yukon golds}
1 {9oz} jar of roasted red peppers
4 tsp sugar
1 {16oz} brick of grated sharp cheddar
1 pint of heavy whipping cream
1 large yellow onion {I use a vidalia}
1 lb maple ham
Milk

Layer sliced potatoes, onion and ham in a 9x13 pan. Melt cheese into heavy whipping cream on low heat and add diced roasted red peppers and sugar. Pour melted mixture over potatoes. Add a splash of milk around the perimeter of pan and a bit on top. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 90 minutes. If you try it let me know how your family liked it!

Yes, we waited until the final hour to get our pumpkins today. You can tell in our picture below that there were just a few left here and there. We gave 5 way less than perfect pumpkins a good home today!



Flea markets tomorrow, I better turn in early if I'm going to be on my way at 5:30am!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww Baby Grace,
So you mean to tell me
She shows up at the Boys Scouts and won the Costume contest. NO GURLS ALLOWED!
I remember the when she was born. I just gotten a tooth pulled and headed over to the hospital. I was so drugged up I was afraid to hold her. They are growing up so fast!

xoxoxo

Birens Boo!