Sunday, January 31, 2010

Valentine Garland



Yesterday I had a lovely bunch of ladies over for a workshop. It's hard to believe that I ever had doubts about converting our old family room into my studio. If I had known how much I would enjoy teaching in my own space I would have done it much sooner.

My friend Carole brought two friends, Maureen and Gayle, and they were every bit as sweet as Carole herself. Also in attendance was my friend Laura that can always be counted on for her cheerfulness. Rounding out the group was my friend Val that I haven't been able to see as much of lately as I would like.

One of our projects was the Valentine garland above. I love pink and red together but I couldn't help adding in a bunch of other colors as well.

I just heard it's going to rain all week. I think I'll take my lunch and a small project to work on over my lunch hours. If I close my blinds and lock my office door I'll probably still get a few knocks. Maybe I'll put a sign on my door that says "Crafting!".








4 comments:

connie said...

Adorable banner - love the girls from Character Constructions...they're so much fun to work with.

Maryl said...

I love your banner! You are so talented!

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear your January class was a hit!

Cindi said...

I am so bummed I could not attend. My mom flew in to town that day and you know the drill... clean the bathrooms, change the sheets, etc., etc. Can't wait to take a class soon.