Thursday, November 24, 2011

Zucchini Cakes Recipe


Today we spent a wonderful Thanksgiving with my in-laws and tomorrow my family is getting together for Thanksgiving part II.  After a big lunch I wasn't sure what to do for dinner tonight.  I decided to make one of my sides for tomorrow for dinner instead.  This isn't a great picture, in fact, I had to tell my husband to wait one sec while I took a quick picture before he grabbed it and ran back to the game.  This one is a keeper for sure and even my little kids loved them!

Zucchini Cakes

3 c coarsely grated zucchini
1/2 tsp salt
1 c bread crumbs
1/4 c diced red bellpepper {I used a 1/2 c because we love it}
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 egg
1 green onions
1 tbsp mayonaise

Press grated zucchini with paper towels to dry.  Add all ingredients to the zucchini and press into 8 cakes.  Press each side of cake in breadcrumbs and fry in 2 tbsp of oil on medium until browned on both sides.

I served mine with a drizzle of ranch dressing from The Cheescake Factory who has, hands down, the best ranch ever {you can ask them for a pint and they'll add it to your bill}.

I'm still going to make a batch tomorrow for those that didn't enjoy them with us tonight.  I hope you all enjoyed this day of thanks with family and loved ones!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YUMM!!!
Thank you for the recipe!!!

Laura H :)